Not My Definition of Charity September 30, 2007Posted by Jim Satterfield in Corruption, Government, Politics.
OK, I just don’t know how to express what I feel about this little cesspool written about by the Washingon Post. I strongly suggest you read the whole article. So let’s just list the highlights, shall we?
- Charles Reichers is appointed to a Bush Administration job with the Air Force and gets a “fake” job with an Air Force contractor while awaiting confirmation. Reichers himself admits that this job required no work on his part.
- This contractor, Commonwealth Research Institute, and its parent company, Concurrent Technologies, are both listed with the IRS as tax exempt charities.
- Neither company is apparently doing anything different from what other companies that pay their taxes do for the government or anyone else for that matter.
- It has received over $100,000,000 in earmarks.
- Jack Murtha, the representative for the area where the company is based just arranged a $10 million earmark for the company for fiscal 2008.
Charity?? I don’t think so. I think this whole thing and this company just don’t pass the “smell test”.